Ahi Tuna Poke Bowl
Tuna Poke Bowl
Seared tuna crusted with sesame seeds served in a veggie packed poke bowl! A 10 minute meal that’s delicious, filling and Whole30 compliant!
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Yield: 2 bowls
1 tuna filet
2 cups cauliflower rice
1 large cucumber, spiralized
1 large carrot, spiralized
½ cup radishes, sliced
1 avocado, sliced
¼ cup pickled ginger
½ cup coconut aminos
¼ cup coconut oil, melted plus 2 tbsp more for sautéing
2 tbsp. fresh lime juice
2 tbsp. fresh grapefruit juice
2 tbsp. black sesame seeds
salt & pepper to taste
How to Make It
- Preheat two skillets to medium heat.
- Place 1 tablespoon of coconut oil in one skillet with the cauliflower rice, salt and pepper then stir to combine. Cook the cauliflower rice 5 minutes until tender. Then divide in half and transfer to two bowls.
- Sprinkle the sesame seeds on a plate and roll tuna filet over it to create a crust.
- Place the other 1 tablespoon of coconut oil in the other skillet then place the tuna in it. Cook 2-3 minutes on each side then turn a broiler on high. Place the skillet under the broiler for 2 minutes to create a crispy crust. Remove from the oven and let the tuna rest for 5 minutes.
- While the tuna rests, mix the sauce by combining the ¼ cup of melted coconut oil, coconut aminos, lime juice and grapefruit juice in a bowl. Set aside.
- Next slice the tuna and place in each bowl. Add the cucumber, carrot, radishes, ginger and avocado to each bowl.
- Divide the sauce in half, pour over each bowl and enjoy!
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.