BBQ Haddock and Quinoa Salad
This BBQ Haddock Quinoa Salad Recipe is the perfect summer salad. A wholesome salad full of all fresh vegetables, deliciously light Sizzlefish haddock, quinoa and a zesty BBQ sauce. Even better, this recipe is easy to make so you can enjoy all the greatness summertime has to offer.
When the weather gets nice, it’s time to hit the grill. We’ve come up with a show stopper that not only works for a family dinner, but makes an incredible dish to take to a summer potluck. What’s even better about this recipe? You can make the quinoa salad the day before so all you have to do is grill the haddock while you enjoy the sunshine. Pretty perfect, wouldn’t you say?
What Will I Need to Make this Quinoa Salad?
The great thing about this BBQ Haddock Quinoa Salad is that you can easily customize it to include whatever summer vegetables you have on hand. If you have a bumper crop of squash, eggplant or cucumber, they would be delicious here too. We kept things simple, but feel free to make it your own.
- Cooked Corn on the cob
- Red cabbage
- Carrots (Rainbow carrots are beautiful here)
- Prepared BBQ sauce
What Kind of Fish is Haddock?
Not only is this salad easy to make and delicious, but it is so good for you! Here at Sizzlefish, our haddock is a North American species related to cod. Did you know that Sizzlefish haddock has twice the amount of Omega3s as cod? The mild flavor and flaky texture of our haddock works so well in this salad recipe. We love the combination of grilled haddock with the nutty quinoa along with crisp summer vegetables combined with fresh cilantro and brightly flavored BBQ sauce to make this amazing combination.
BBQ Quinoa Salad
Preparation Time: 1 Hour
Rest Time: 4 Hours to overnight
Yield: 8 Cups
- 4 cups Cooked Tri Color Quinoa
- 2 cups Cooked Corn (About 4 ears)
- 3 cups Shredded Red Cabbage
- 1 Carrot, shaved reserving a few for garnish
- 1/2 cup Prepared BBQ Sauce
- 1/2 Fresh Cilantro, chopped saving a few sprigs for garnish
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- Freshly Ground Pepper, to taste
- 4 Sizzlefish Haddock Fillets
- 1 TBSP Olive Oil
- ¼ tsp paprika
- Salt and Pepper to taste
Making the Salad
- Cook the quinoa according to package directions.
- Allow the quinoa to cool completely before assembling.
- In a large bowl, combine all of the ingredients.
- Refrigerate for at least 4 hours or overnight to allow all of the flavors to combine.
Preparing the Haddock
- Rub the haddock fillets with the olive oil.
- Evenly sprinkle the paprika, salt and pepper the haddock fillets.
- Heat your grill to medium heat.
- Place the fillets in a grill basket.
- Cook on the grill on medium heat for 5 to 7 minutes per side.
- The haddock fillets will be done when they are opaque in color and flake easily.
- When ready to serve, place the quinoa salad in a large bowl or on a platter, place pieces of haddock on top and garnish with the remaining shaved carrots and cilantro sprigs.
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.
Also in Featured Seafood Recipes
A flavorful and incredibly simple to make, this quick and delicious Salmon Burger Recipe is perfect for a busy weeknight meal.
Continue Reading →
This recipe for Shrimp Scampi satisfies in both flavor and ease of preparation. This dish is loaded with seared shrimp swirled with a delicious combination of spaghetti and zoodles, and brightened with a silky lemon butter sauce.
Continue Reading →
This Sweet and Spicy Garlic grouper is a healthier take on the usual fried grouper you get in restaurants. Quick, easy, juicy and incredibly flavorful this recipe is perfect for when you want that restaurant cooked flavor, but want to stay in for a home cooked meal. This dish is the best of both worlds.
Continue Reading →