by S Fish February 05, 2018
Butternut Squash Sablefish Soup cooked in one pot, bathed in coconut milk and seasoned with cumin, turmeric, paprika, and parsley. Loaded with anti-inflammatory properties and high in omega-3 healthy fat. A healthy lunch or dinner that’s sure to warm you up!
Prep Time: 40 minutes
Cook Time 30 minutes
Yield: 4 servings
4 packages sablefish, thawed
1 medium butternut squash
½ cup shallots
4 garlic cloves, minced
2 cups water
½ cup coconut milk
1 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
1 tsp. cumin
½ tsp. turmeric
½ tsp. paprika
1 tsp. dried parsley
salt and pepper to taste
fresh parsley for garnish
How to Make It
1. Preheat oven to 400 F. Prepare a baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. Slice the butternut squash in half lengthwise. Remove seeds, then place flesh side down on the baking sheet.
3. Bake 40-45 minutes until squash is tender.
4. Remove from the oven and cool 10 minutes before removing the flesh and slicing into cubes.
5. Heat a large pot over medium heat. Place extra virgin olive oil, onion and garlic in the pan.
6. Sauté 2-3 minutes until onions are translucent.
7. Next add squash, cumin, turmeric, paprika, salt, and pepper. Simmer another 2-3 minutes.
8. While the squash cooks, remove the skin from the fish and cut into 1-inch pieces.
9. Place fish in the pot with water and coconut milk. Stir to combine.
10. Bring the pot to a boil, then immediately reduce to a simmer. Simmer 15 minutes covered until fragrant.
11. Stir in the dried parsley and serve immediately with fresh parsley for garnish.
Comments will be approved before showing up.
Subscribe to our newsletter for updates, new products and specials!
© 2018 Sizzlefish. All Rights Reserved.Sizzlefish.com Shopper Approved rating of 4.9/5 based on 1100 ratings and reviews
Simply enter your email below to be the first to hear about promotions, specials, and
the latest, new arrivals!