Lemon Garlic Butter Shrimp Scampi
This recipe for Shrimp Scampi is sure to satisfy in flavor and ease of preparation! This dish is loaded with seared shrimp and swirled with a delicious combination of spaghetti and zoodles, and brightened up with a silky lemon butter sauce.
Let’s talk about shrimp! You can now choose from our succulent shrimp from the Gulf of Mexico, or our shrimp caught in the Gulf of California. Both are delicious, and are peeled, deveined and frozen with no additives, making them perfectly easy and ready to use in your favorite recipes.
Now, let’s talk Shrimp Scampi. Shrimp Scampi is one of those meals that is easy to cook, but because everything cooks rather quickly in this recipe, you want to be prepared. While the pasta cooks, you will be searing the shrimp and making the sauce. Once those items are prepared, everything gets mixed together and you are done. We added spiralized zucchini to this dish as a fun way to lighten things up a bit with the bonus of including some vegetables to the meal. The zucchini is optional, but definitely recommended.
This Shrimp Scampi recipe is the perfect dish for a fancy dinner party or a simple night at home.
Preparation Time: 10 Minutes
Cook Time: 20 Minutes
Yield: 4 Servings
- 1 lb Sizzlefish Shrimp, thawed
- 1 TBSP Olive Oil
- Salt, to taste
- Pepper, to taste
- 2 TBSP Butter
- 4 Garlic Cloves, minced
- ½ cup Vegetable Broth or Dry White Wine
- Red Pepper Flakes, to taste
- 1 Lemon, zested and juiced
- 8 oz Spaghetti or Linguini
- 2 Small Zucchini, spiralized (optional)
- ½ cup Freshly Chopped Parsley
- Heat a large pot of water to a boil to cook the pasta. Cook the pasta until almost done just before its al dente. Drain pasta reserving 1 cup of pasta water for the sauce.
- Spiralize the zucchini and set aside while you start cooking the shrimp.
- Heat a large skillet with oil on medium heat.
- Salt and pepper the shrimp. Add the shrimp to the oil and cook 2 minutes or until the shrimp is cooked on the first side. Flip and cook for 1 – 2 minutes or until cooked through. The shrimp should be opaque. Remove the shrimp from the pan and put aside while you cook the sauce.
- Add the butter to the hot pan and melt. When the butter is melted, add the garlic to the pan and cook for 1 minute.
- Next add the vegetable broth (or wine) and red pepper flakes to the butter garlic mixture. Cook, whisking well, for one minute or until reduced and thickened.
- Once the sauce has thickened, add the pasta, zoodles and lemon juice. Toss well.
- Add the shrimp to the pasta and toss well. If the sauce is not coating everything well, add a little pasta water at a time until the sauce covers the pasta well.
- Toss the pasta with fresh parsley and lemon zest. Serve immediately.
Order Shrimp Today
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.