Mediterranean Herbed Sea Bass
This Mediterranean Herbed Sea Bass recipe is a moist, tender flavorful dish that’s easy to prepare with an unforgettable “WOW” factor.
This is seriously one of the best dishes we have ever had. The flavors, textures and aromas are absolutely incredible. Sea Bass is a chef-prized fish known for its high fat content and velvety mouthfeel. It has a rich melt in your mouth texture and that is exactly what it does in this dish. The Sea Bass is the perfect white flaky fish to complement the sweet peppers, acidic tomatoes and salty olives in this dish. Add in that bit of butter to the sauce in the end of cooking and you have yourself the most luxuriously velvety dish. Another incredible thing that we love about Sea Bass is that it’s very forgiving with any cooking method you choose. We love the ease of baking the fillets in this recipe and then adding a flavorful sauce in at the end, but you can also sear them on the stove-top, as well, and add the sauce to the pan at the end of cooking. Baking them just means you don’t have to flip the fillets or worry they might fall apart on you, which is a fear many people have when cooking fish on the stovetop. We pared this dish with a simple cooked millet grain, but rice, quinoa, farro or pasta would be fantastic accompaniments as well. A nice piece of crusty French bread would be perfect for not missing a drop of that sauce.
Mediterranean Herbed Sea Bass
Preparation Time: 20 Minutes
Cook Time: 35 Minutes
Yield: Serves 4
- 4 Sizzlefish Sea Bass Fillets
- 1 Lemon, juiced
- Salt, to taste
- Pepper, to taste
- 1 Shallot or ¼ Red Onion, small diced
- ½ Red Bell Pepper, cut into 1 inch cubes
- ½ Orange Bell Pepper, cut into 1 inch cubes
- 1 tsp Olive Oil
- 4 Garlic Cloves, minced
- 1 Pint Cherry Tomatoes, cut in half (a mix of colors is beautiful here)
- 8 Green Olives
- ½ tsp Salt
- ¼ tsp Crushed Red Pepper
- ½ cup Vegetable or Chicken Broth
- 2 TBSP Butter
- Fresh Basil
- Fresh Parsley
- Fresh Oregano
- Preheat the oven to 400°. Lightly oil the bottom of an 8 x 8 pan or 9 inch rimmed baking pan.
- Place the Sea Bass fillets in the pan. Pour the lemon juice over the fillets, then season with salt and pepper to taste. Cover the dish with aluminum foil. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until the fillets are firm and cooked through.
- In a large sauté pan, heat olive oil on medium heat.
- Sauté the onions and peppers until just soft, about 10 minutes. Next add the garlic and cook for about a minute to start cooking the garlic, but not letting it scorch.
- Add the sliced cherry tomatoes, olives, broth, and crushed red pepper flakes to the onion and pepper mixture.
- Simmer this mixture for 15-20 minutes. Add the butter to the tomato sauce and stir to melt. Taste to see if the salt and pepper are to your liking and adjust as needed.
- Pour the tomato sauce over the Sea Bass fillets and bake uncovered for an additional 10 minutes or until the fillets are firm and cooked through.
- Garnish with your favorite fresh Mediterranean herbs. Serve on your favorite grain – rice, millet, quinoa, farro or pasta
Order Sea Bass
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.