These hard shell clams are the traditional East Coast mercenaria or quahog species, with a delicious, mildly sweet flavor with a briny accent. They are 1-1/2 to 2 inches in size (referred to as littlenecks or top necks). Cultivated and harvested by the watermen of Cedar Key, Florida, clams are quick-cooked in their shell, individually quick frozen and vacuum-sealed by the dozen in a convenient boil-in-bag. They arrive to your doorstep frozen, convenient, and ready to be heated and served in minutes.
To prepare, simply boil or steam the clams - in the bag is easiest - for 5-6 minutes and they are ready to serve. You can also add them into your favorite pasta dish, bake them as clams casino, or add them to your chowder recipe. Do not thaw clams prior to cooking.
Each order comes with a simple cooking instruction card for reference.
Each order contains 6 bags with 12 clams per bag, providing a total of 72 clams.
Shipping is free on all orders. We will ship your package via FedEx Ground*, unless your location is west coast in which case we will automatically ship with FedEx Express for a 2 to 3 day Transit. Your package will take 1 to 3 days to arrive to you once it is shipped. We do not ship across weekends because shipping time extends past the effectiveness of dry ice.
We are unable to ship to PO boxes or FPO or APO addresses. Currently we are able to ship only to continental US addresses.
- Orders placed on Monday thru Wednesday will ship same day if placed before 12pm.
- Orders placed after 12pm Monday thru Tuesday will be shipped the following day.
- Orders placed on Wednesday after 12pm thru Sunday will ship Monday, with the following exception:
- Orders placed on Wednesday thru Thursday before 12pm within (NC, SC & VA only) will ship same day, since delivery takes one day.
- Note: Due to shortages and shipping delays associated with COVID-19, some orders may experience delays.
* FedEx Ground is our standard, cost-effective shipping. If you prefer to be shipped via FedEx 2-day (and you are not located on the west coast) or Next Day Express, please call or email us via our Contact page.