- 2 lbs haddock or cod fish
- 2 serrano peppers
- ½ bunch cilantro
- 1 cucumber
- 1 small mango
- ½ small red onion
- 9 limes
- 1 tbsp sea salt
- 1½ tbsp pink peppercorn
- 1 tbsp evoo
- 1 small slice of watermelon (optional)
- Cut the fish into small pieces, about ½ inch and blanch it in boiling water for 3 minutes, take it out and cool it down with some ice. Place fish in bowl.
- Add juice of 5 limes and 1 tbsp. evoo. Let marinate in the fridge for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile in a mortar and pestle, put the sea salt, pink peppercorn, half of the cilantro, roughly chopped serrano pepper and half the cucumber (without the peel).
- Squeeze one lime and grind everything until it looks like an Italian pesto (you can also use a food processor or blender).
- Cut the rest of the cucumber (with skin on) and mango into small cubes and put them in a bowl.
- Add finely chopped cilantro and red onion and squeeze the rest of the limes.
- Toss all ingredients together. Add the marinated fish and avocado (and watermelon if using). Carefully mix everything together.
- Chill in fridge 5 minutes. Serve chilled.
Recipe Credits: Shannon at www.fitslowcookerqueen.com