20 Minute Pesto Baked Salmon
- For the salmon packs:
- 3 - 3 ounce fillets of salmon
- 1 bunch asparagus, ~6 cups
- 3 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- salt & pepper to taste
- For the pesto:
- 1 medium avocado, ripe
- ½ bunch fresh parsley, ~1 cup
- ½ tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- ½ tsp sea salt
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- Preheat oven to 375 F. Prepare a baking sheet by place 3 sheets of tin foil on them. Make sure the tin foil pieces are large enough to cover 6-7 asparagus & salmon each.
- In a food processor or blender, add all ingredients for the pesto except for the extra virgin olive oil. Blend on high until creamy then slowly drizzle in the extra virgin olive oil to emulsify.
- Next place 6-7 asparagus on one foil drizzle with 1 tsp of extra virgin olive oil, sprinkle with salt & pepper. Top the asparagus with a salmon fillet. Then smooth 1 tablespoon of the pesto over the top of the salmon.
- Close the foil over the salmon and asparagus by bringing the two sides together and crinkling the edges together. Crinkle the top and bottom as well until it is closed completely.
- Repeat the process for the remaining 2 salmon fillets.
- Place the foil packets on the baking sheet. Bake at 375 F for 20 minutes.
- Serve immediately with extra pesto on the side!
Recipe Credits: Megan at www.skinnyfitalicious.com
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.