This Seafood Chili is hearty & healthy with a kick of spice. The perfect comforting meal for a cold day that warms the soul & takes 30 minutes to make! Gluten Free + Low Calorie + Paleo
- 1 cup white onion, diced
- 1 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 14-ounce can diced tomatoes
- 3 cups clam or fish juice
- 1 yellow bell pepper, diced
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 green bell pepper, diced
- 1 jalapeno pepper, finely chopped
- 1-pound shrimp, thawed with tail removed & deveined
- ½ pound scallops, cleaned & patted dry
- 2 cod loins, thawed & chopped into 1 inch pieces
- ¾ pound mussels, rinsed & scrubbed
- 6 ounces of clams, rinsed & scrubbed
- 1 tsp cumin
- ½ tbsp. oregano
- ½ tsp coriander
- 1 tbsp. chili powder
- ¼ tsp sea salt
- optional: fresh cilantro for garnish
- Bring a large pot to medium heat then add extra virgin olive oil, onions, bell peppers, jalapeños and salt. Stir to combine and sauté 5-7 minutes until soft.
- Add the tomatoes, clam juice, spices and cod. Bring the pot to a simmer 5-10 minutes. Then as soon as it begins to simmer, reduce to low.
- Add the shrimp, stir to combine. Cook another 5 minutes until shrimp turns pink. Then add mussels and clams. Cover the pot about 5 minutes then check to see if mussels and clam shells have opened. This means they are done.
- Turn off heat, transfer to a bowl and serve immediately.
Recipe Credits: Megan @ www.skinnyfitalicious.com
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.