Baked Salmon Sushi Cups
This baked twist on sushi combines all your favorite sushi ingredients and bakes them in a muffin tin for perfect portions!
Why You'll Love This Recipe
- Easy to Make: With our step-by-step guide, you'll have these delicious sushi cups ready in no time.
- Customizable: Feel free to add your favorite fish or seasonings to make this recipe your own.
- Full of Flavor: The combination of fresh King salmon, soy sauce, and sesame seed oil creates a taste sensation that's hard to resist.
Here are some common substitutions you can make in our Baked King Salmon Sushi Cups recipe:
- Salmon: While we recommend using fresh King salmon for the best flavor, you can also use other types of salmon or even a different kind of fish like tuna.
- Soy Sauce: If you're looking for a soy-free alternative, coconut aminos can be used in place of soy sauce. Sesame Seed Oil: If you don't have sesame seed oil, you can use olive oil or another cooking oil, though the flavor will be slightly different.
- Sushi Rice: If you don't have sushi rice, you can use other types of short grain rice. However, sushi rice has a unique stickiness that helps hold the sushi cups together.
Learn About Our Salmon!
When it comes to creating your baked sushi cups, you can use your favorite fish, we used Wild Alaska salmon. Here at Sizzlefish, our Alaska salmon is raised in the remote waters off the Coast of Alaska. The flavor is mild and flaky, staying moist when cooked.
Sizzlefish salmon portions arrive with the skin on because this is where the heart healthy omega-3 fatty acids are concentrated along the fat line next to the skin. Each portion of Sizzlefish salmon is available in 4 or 6 ounces, perfect for customizing to your needs.
Health Benefits of Alaska Salmon!
Alaska salmon offers several potential benefits when included in a balanced diet. Here are some of the benefits associated with consuming Alaska salmon:
• Nutrient-rich: Alaska salmon is a good source of high-quality protein, essential vitamins, and minerals. It contains beneficial nutrients such as omega-3 fatty acids, vitamin D, vitamin B12, selenium, and potassium.
• Omega-3 fatty acids: Alaska salmon is renowned for its omega-3 fatty acid content, specifically EPA and DHA. These fatty acids have been linked to numerous health benefits, including heart health, brain function, and reducing inflammation in the body.
• Anti-inflammatory properties: The omega-3 fatty acids in Alaska salmon possess anti-inflammatory properties, which can help reduce inflammation in the body. Chronic inflammation is associated with various diseases, including heart disease, diabetes, and certain types of cancer.
• Protein source: Alaska salmon is a rich source of protein, which is essential for various bodily functions. Protein is necessary for building and repairing tissues, supporting immune function, and maintaining healthy hair, skin, and nails.
2 nori seaweed sheets
1 cup cooked sushi rice
Thinly sliced green onion for topping
Sesame seeds for topping
1/3 cup mayonnaise
1 tbsp coconut aminos or low sodium soy sauce
1 tbsp lime juice
1-2 tsp sriracha sauce
2, 4 Oz Portions Salmon
For Sushi Cups
For Spicy Sriracha Marinade and Sauce
Preheat oven to 350ºF and lightly grease a 6-cavity muffin tin with cooking oil.
Cut nori sheets to create 4 equal squares (you will only use 6).
Remove skin from salmon and slice into bite sized squares. Add to a small bowl.
Stir together ingredients for spicy mayonnaise and add 2 tablespoons to bowl with salmon. Stir to coat.
Spoon 2 tablespoons of rice onto center of nori squares and place in muffin tins.
Spoon salmon over rice. Bake for 15-20 minutes, until salmon is cooked through. Cool for 5 minutes.
Gently remove sushi cups from muffin tins and place on a serving plate. Top with extra spicy mayonnaise, sesame seeds and green onion. Enjoy warm.
Cool sushi cups for 5 minutes before removing from muffin tins. Top with sesame seeds, thinly sliced green onion, and an extra drizzle of sriracha mayonnaise. Other delicious toppings include:
Note: These sushi cups are best enjoyed right away for the best flavor and texture.
- Serving Size
- 1 Serving
- per serving
- 20 grams
- 2 grams
- 6 grams