Artisanally Farmed Rainbow Trout From The Colombian Andes
Rainbow trout is a mild, delicate fish that has been raised for more than a century around the world, in cool mountain river and stream waters. Our rainbow trout is raised on an old-fashioned family farm, in a pristine setting high in the Colombian Andes. Each rainbow trout portion is at least 4 ounces and guaranteed to delight.
Health Benefits of Rainbow Trout:
Rainbow Trout is delicious and also a healthy meal choice. Rainbow trout is packed with protein and essential Omega-3 fatty acids, as well as potassium - all of which can help to manage high blood pressure, improve muscle strength and boost metabolism. Rainbow trout is loaded with phosphorus,and a good source of Vitamins B6, B12, pantothenic acid and selenium.
The 21 grams of protein provided by a 3-ounce serving of rainbow trout supplies 37 percent of the recommended daily allowance for an adult man and nearly 46 percent of the daily need for an adult woman. A 2008 study published in “The American Journal of Clinical Nutrition” indicated that people who obtained approximately 25 percent of their total caloric intake from lean protein sources like fish were more likely to lose weight, retain lean muscle mass and feel fuller after eating than people who received only 12 percent of their calories from protein.
Shipping is free on all orders. We will ship your package via FedEx Ground*, unless your location is west coast in which case we will automatically ship with FedEx Express for a 2 to 3 day Transit. Your package will take 1 to 3 days to arrive to you once it is shipped. We do not ship across weekends because shipping time extends past the effectiveness of dry ice.
We are unable to ship to PO boxes or FPO or APO addresses. Currently we are able to ship only to continental US addresses.
- Orders placed on Monday thru Wednesday will ship same day if placed before 12pm.
- Orders placed after 12pm Monday thru Tuesday will be shipped the following day.
- Orders placed on Wednesday after 12pm thru Sunday will ship Monday, with the following exception:
- Orders placed on Wednesday thru Thursday before 12pm within (NC, SC & VA only) will ship same day, since delivery takes one day.
* FedEx Ground is our standard, cost-effective shipping. If you prefer to be shipped via FedEx 2-day (and you are not located on the west coast) or Next Day Express, please call or email us via our Contact page.
We’re supporting healthy, abundant oceans by partnering with the Monterey Bay Aquarium Seafood Watch® program, and we're making changes to source only environmentally responsible seafood. Learn more at seafoodwatch.org