Pan Seared Trout & Summer Succotash
So fresh, incredibly easy and absolutely delicious, this Honey Mustard Pan Seared Trout recipe is perfect for summer entertaining!
We all want things to be easy in the kitchen. Well, there’s a time and place for complicated, but when you are entertaining guests, that’s the last thing you want. This Honey Mustard Pan Seared Trout recipe is exactly what you need for your next get together. The ease of the trout combined with the make ahead summer succotash make you look like the super entertainer that you are!
Rainbow trout is a beautifully, mild delicate fish. Sizzlefish rainbow trout is raised on an old-fashioned family farm, in a pristine setting high in the Colombian Andes. The tender flakey fillets pair incredibly well with this vibrant summer succotash. The combination of sweet and savory flavors perfectly compliment the deliciously light texture of the rainbow trout fillets. Add the crisp tender vegetables from the summer succotash in this dish and you are sure to have a pallet pleaser.
Honey Mustard Pan Seared Trout
5 Minutes Cook Time:
10 Minutes Yield:
- 6 Rainbow Trout Fillets
- ½ tsp Season Salt
- Pepper to taste
- 2 TBSP Olive Oil
- 2 TBSP Butter
- 2 TBSP Honey
- 2 TBSP Course Ground Mustard
- Chopped Fresh Parsley
Trout Preparation Instructions
- Pat the trout fillets dry.
- Season the fillets with season salt and pepper.
- Heat the oil in a non-stick skillet over medium heat.
- Place the seasoned trout filets, skin side down, in the heated oil and cook for 2 minutes.
- Gently flip the fillets and cook for an additional 2 minutes or until cooked through.
- Remove the fillets from the pan and place on a platter.
- Next, put the butter, honey and mustard in the warm pan. Melt and stir to combine.
- Serve the trout with the honey mustard sauce, freshly chopped parsley and summer succotash salad.
The Summer Succotash
10 Minutes Cook Time:
30-40 minutes Yield:
Summer Succotash Ingredients
- 1-12 oz Frozen Lima Beans
- 2-3 cups Vegetable or Chicken Broth
- 1 Shallot, diced
- 2 Garlic Cloves, minced
- 4 cups Fresh or Frozen Corn
- 1 Red Pepper, diced
- 2 cups Cherry Tomatoes, halved
- ¾ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp black pepper
Summer Succotash Preparation Instructions
- In a large high sided skillet, place the lima beans and 2 cups of broth. Bring to a boil, lower heat and simmer for 25 minutes or until just tender.
- Next add the shallot and garlic to the beans. If needed, add more broth, ¼ cup at a time; just enough to have liquid to cook the vegetable in, not fully covered. Cook for 10 minutes or until the shallots are tender and opaque.
- At this point, add the corn and peppers. If you need a little extra broth, add ¼ cup at a time. Cook for about 10 minutes or until the corn is crisp, but cooked.
- When the corn is cooked, add 1 cup of sliced tomatoes to the bean and corn mixture. Cook for 5 minutes.
- Remove from the pan from the heat. Add the remaining cup of tomatoes. Stir in the tomatoes, salt and pepper.
- Serve warm or at room temperature.
Order Rainbow Trout
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.