5 Reasons Runners Eat Fish
By now, most of us are well aware that choosing fish as a regular protein source is part of a healthy diet. After all, even the USDA suggests eating Omega-3 rich fish at least twice a week! As runners, however, there are even more benefits for getting your seafood fix.
- Muscle Recovery — Fish oil helps to reduce the inflammation caused by exercise, and aid in a quicker recovery. Which means less muscle soreness and more speed!
- Improve Lung Performance — You know that familiar feeling during a run, of having fresh legs, but lacking in the whole breathing department? Fish oil improves blood flow and therefore, oxygen delivery during peak energy intervals.
- Joint Health — As we age it is increasingly important to take care of our joints. Omega-3 fatty acid helps to ease joint stiffness and combat chemicals that destroy cartilage.
- Lose Fat — The more in shape you are, the better your athletic performance will be. Fish oil can actually help you lose fat, and even better, it helps to decrease abdominal fat. The DHA found in Omega-3 can also reprogram the genes so that carbohydrates are broken down by the body and not stored as fat.
- Heart Health — Of course most of us know fish oil supports heart health, and a healthy heart is imperative for runners. Research has shown that Omega-3 fatty acids found in fish can decrease the likelihood of cardiovascular disease.
Now, RUN along and order some Sizzlefish!