- 1 - 5 oz+ Portions Rainbow Trout
- Individually Vacuum Packaged
- Free Nationwide shipping On Orders $100+
Artisanally Farmed Rainbow Trout
Rainbow trout is a mild, delicate fish that has been raised for more than a century around the world, in the cool mountain river and stream waters. Our rainbow trout are raised on an old-fashioned family farm in the Columbian Andes. Each rainbow trout portion is at least 4 ounces and guaranteed to delight.
Health Benefits of Rainbow Trout:
Rainbow Trout is delicious and also a healthy meal choice. Rainbow trout is packed with protein and essential Omega-3 fatty acids, as well as potassium - all of which can help to manage high blood pressure, improve muscle strength and boost metabolism. Rainbow trout are loaded with phosphorus, and a good source of Vitamins B6, B12, pantothenic acid, and selenium.
The 21 grams of protein provided by a 3-ounce serving of rainbow trout supply 37 percent of the recommended daily allowance for an adult man and nearly 46 percent of the daily need for an adult woman. A 2008 study published in “The American Journal of Clinical Nutrition” indicated that people who obtained approximately 25 percent of their total caloric intake from lean protein sources like fish were more likely to lose weight, retain lean muscle mass and feel fuller after eating than people who received only 12 percent of their calories from protein.
- Orders placed on Monday will ship same day if placed before 8:00 AM ET.
- Orders placed on Tuesday thru Wednesday will ship same day if placed before 12pm ET.
- Orders placed after 12pm ET Tuesday will be shipped the following day.
- Orders placed on Wednesday after 12pm thru Sunday will ship Monday, with the following exception:
- Orders placed on Wednesday thru Thursday before 12pm within (NC, SC & VA only) will ship same day, since delivery takes one day.
Rainbow Trout Nutrition Information
Seafood ordered from Sizzlefish should be kept frozen until ready for preparation. Items can be stored frozen for up to 12 months, but are best if consumed within 6 months of purchase.
The best way to thaw our seafood is to remove the product from the original packaging, place it in a plastic bag, and allow it to thaw in the refrigerator for about 6 hours. If you require faster thawing, we recommend placing the product into a non-vacuum sealed bag and placing it in cool water for around thirty minutes to an hour.