Fresh vegetables and herbs tossed with extra virgin olive oil in pasta and topped with mackerel, is the perfect comfort food. A lighter meal that’s quick to make and insanely delicious!
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Yield: 2 servings
- 2 mackerel fillets, roughly chopped
- 1 package gluten-free pasta
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp. lemon juice
- 1 cup grape tomatoes, sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ cup mixed olives, pitted
- Parsley flakes to garnish
- salt and pepper to taste
How to Make It
- Fill a large pot with water and bring to a boil. Add the pasta and cook until al dente 4-5 minutes. Drain the pasta and set aside.
- To a skillet, add the olive oil, lemon juice, and garlic. Cook 3 minutes then add the tomatoes and olives.
- Cook until tomatoes are soft then stir in the mackerel to warm another 3 minutes.
- Serve immediately over the pasta with parsley flakes to garnish.