Creamy, Italian flavored scallops baked in a coconut tomato sauce and topped with fresh herbs. A 15-minute meal with amazing flavor. Pair with cauliflower rice or zucchini noodles for and call it a meal!
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Yield: 2 servings
- 2 scallop packages, thawed
- 1 tbsp. avocado oil
- ½ cup red onion, diced
- 1 cup coconut milk, full fat
- ½ cup Whole30 approved tomato sauce
- ½ tsp. Italian seasoning
- ½ tsp. garlic powder
- Parsley for garnish
- salt and pepper to taste
How to Make It
- Preheat the oven to 400 F.
- Add the avocado oil and red onion to a large skillet and bring to a medium heat.
- Cook 2-3 minutes until onions are tender then add the coconut milk, tomato sauce, Italian seasoning, garlic powder, salt and pepper.
- Stir to combine then cook another 5 minutes until bubbly.
- Place the scallops in an 15x10 baking dish and pour the sauce over the scallops.
- Bake at 400 F 10 minutes then remove from the oven, garnish with fresh parsley and serve the scallops immediately with the sauce.