Mild, Flaky Rockfish (Striped Bass)
Rockfish, also known as striped bass or stripers, have been one of the most sought-after fish in the Chesapeake Bay since colonial times. This species is native to the Atlantic coast of North America, spawning in fresh water then migrating to bay or ocean saltwater as it matures. Ours is caught in the Chesapeake, fileted & frozen while at the peak of freshness.
Rockfish has firm, flaky flesh. It cooks up white with a tasty mild flavor and medium texture. This versatile fish can be pan-seared, grilled, steamed, poached, roasted, broiled, or sautéed. We leave the skin on these filet portions as is traditional. Wonderful on the grill!
- 14 - 4 oz+ filet portions (Rockfish)
Shipping is free on all orders. We will ship your package via FedEx Ground*, unless your location is west coast in which case we will automatically ship with FedEx Express for a 2 to 3 day Transit. Your package will take 1 to 3 days to arrive to you once it is shipped. We do not ship across weekends because shipping time extends past the effectiveness of dry ice.
We are unable to ship to PO boxes or FPO or APO addresses. Currently we are able to ship only to continental US addresses.
- Orders placed on Monday will ship same day if placed before 8:00 AM ET.
- Orders placed on Tuesday thru Wednesday will ship same day if placed before 12pm ET.
- Orders placed after 12pm ET Tuesday thru Tuesday will be shipped the following day.
- Orders placed on Wednesday after 12pm thru Sunday will ship Monday, with the following exception:
- Orders placed on Wednesday thru Thursday before 12pm within (NC, SC & VA only) will ship same day, since delivery takes one day.
- Note: As FedEx expands sunday delivery areas, some orders to eligible areas may be shipped for arrival on Saturday or Sunday. If you are unable to receive your package over the weekend, please notify us immediately.
* FedEx Ground is our standard, cost-effective shipping. If you prefer to be shipped via FedEx 2-day, please select 2-Day shipping during checkout.
We’re supporting healthy, abundant oceans by partnering with the Monterey Bay Aquarium Seafood Watch® program, and we're making changes to source only environmentally responsible seafood. Learn more at seafoodwatch.org