Faroe Islands Atlantic Salmon
Our Atlantic salmon is raised in the remote, frigid waters of the Faroe Islands, located between Iceland, Norway, and Scotland. This beautiful island archipelago is known for producing the world's finest Atlantic salmon, naturally raised free of antibiotics. With a mild, delicious salmon flavor and rich, flaky flesh, We believe that you will agree that our Atlantic salmon is some of the most delicious fish you've ever eaten!
Atlantic Salmon Health Benefits
Atlantic salmon is a species that consistently delivers very levels high of omega-3 fatty acids and is packed with protein. The omega-3s found in Atlantic salmon help reduce the risk of heart disease, while promoting a range of benefits from better brain function to healthy joints and skin. Atlantic Salmon's high protein levels help boost metabolism and increase muscle mass. It is a great source of selenium, which can help fight heart disease, cancer, mental decline, and fight thyroid disease. Atlantic salmon is also a significant source of phosphorus.
Why We Leave the Skin On
We leave the skin on the bottom of our Atlantic salmon fillet portions for two reasons: First, some of the highest omega-3 levels are found in the flesh along the central "fat line" next to the skin. Second, cooking this delicate fish with the skin side down as it finishes will help keep it moist throughout for a perfect presentation. As you finish cooking, you can easily separate the skin from the fillet as you remove it from the pan or grill.
Shipping is free on all orders. We will ship your package via FedEx Ground*, unless your location is west coast in which case we will automatically ship with FedEx Express for a 2 to 3 day Transit. Your package will take 1 to 3 days to arrive to you once it is shipped. We do not ship across weekends because shipping time extends past the effectiveness of dry ice.
We are unable to ship to PO boxes or FPO or APO addresses. Currently we are able to ship only to continental US addresses.
- Orders placed on Monday will ship same day if placed before 8:00 AM ET.
- Orders placed on Tuesday thru Wednesday will ship same day if placed before 12pm ET.
- Orders placed after 12pm ET Tuesday thru Tuesday will be shipped the following day.
- Orders placed on Wednesday after 12pm thru Sunday will ship Monday, with the following exception:
- Orders placed on Wednesday thru Thursday before 12pm within (NC, SC & VA only) will ship same day, since delivery takes one day.
- Note: Due to shortages and shipping delays associated with COVID-19, some orders may experience delays up to 24 hours.
* FedEx Ground is our standard, cost-effective shipping. If you prefer to be shipped via FedEx 2-day, please select 2-Day shipping during checkout.
We’re supporting healthy, abundant oceans by partnering with the Monterey Bay Aquarium Seafood Watch® program, and we're making changes to source only environmentally responsible seafood. Learn more at seafoodwatch.org