- 1-One 4 oz+ Portion Per Pack
- Individually Vacuum Packaged
- Free Nationwide shipping On Orders $100+
Faroe Islands Atlantic Salmon
Our Atlantic salmon is raised in the remote, frigid waters of the Faroe Islands, located between Iceland, Norway, and Scotland. This beautiful island archipelago is known for producing the world's finest Atlantic salmon, naturally raised free of antibiotics. With a mild, delicious salmon flavor and rich, flaky flesh, We believe that you will agree that our Atlantic salmon is some of the most delicious fish you've ever eaten!
Atlantic Salmon Health Benefits
Atlantic salmon is a species that consistently delivers very levels high of omega-3 fatty acids and is packed with protein. The omega-3s found in Atlantic salmon help reduce the risk of heart disease, while promoting a range of benefits from better brain function to healthy joints and skin. Atlantic Salmon's high protein levels help boost metabolism and increase muscle mass. It is a great source of selenium, which can help fight heart disease, cancer, mental decline, and fight thyroid disease. Atlantic salmon is also a significant source of phosphorus.
Why We Leave the Skin On
We leave the skin on the bottom of our Atlantic salmon fillet portions for two reasons: First, some of the highest omega-3 levels are found in the flesh along the central "fat line" next to the skin. Second, cooking this delicate fish with the skin side down as it finishes will help keep it moist throughout for a perfect presentation. As you finish cooking, you can easily separate the skin from the fillet as you remove it from the pan or grill.
- Orders placed on Monday will ship same day if placed before 8:00 AM ET.
- Orders placed on Tuesday thru Wednesday will ship same day if placed before 12pm ET.
- Orders placed after 12pm ET Tuesday will be shipped the following day.
- Orders placed on Wednesday after 12pm thru Sunday will ship Monday, with the following exception:
- Orders placed on Wednesday thru Thursday before 12pm within (NC, SC & VA only) will ship same day, since delivery takes one day.
Atlantic Salmon Nutrition Information
Seafood ordered from Sizzlefish should be kept frozen until ready for preparation. Items can be stored frozen for up to 12 months, but are best if consumed within 6 months of purchase.
The best way to thaw our seafood is to remove the product from the original packaging, place it in a plastic bag, and allow it to thaw in the refrigerator for about 6 hours. If you require faster thawing, we recommend placing the product into a non-vacuum sealed bag and placing it in cool water for around thirty minutes to an hour.