Ahi Tuna Ceviche
Ahi Tuna Ceviche: A Refreshing Delight
This tuna ceviche is made with protein-rich ahi tuna, avocado, cucumber, cilantro, and onion. It whips up in minutes and is perfect for an appetizer or a full meal!
Ceviche is a popular dish in many Latin American countries, particularly in coastal regions. It typically consists of raw fish or seafood that is marinated in citrus juices, such as lemon, lime, or orange, along with various seasonings and vegetables. The citric acid in the marinade effectively "cooks" the fish or seafood, giving it a firm texture and a tangy, refreshing flavor. In this recipe, we added soy sauce to add a rich, deep flavor to the ceviche.
The Taste Experience
The Ahi Tuna Ceviche offers a symphony of flavors and textures. The freshness of the tuna is complemented by the tangy citrus marinade, creating a delightful contrast. With the added richness of avocado and the crunch of cucumber, this dish is a feast for the senses. Whether you're a fan of seafood or new to ceviche, the combination of flavors in this dish is sure to leave you craving more.
Quality of Tuna
Here at Sizzlefish, our tuna is rated AAA and treated with filtered smoke to retain the peak freshness and color after it is caught. The superior quality of our Ahi tuna makes it perfect for use in sushi or sashimi dishes that are served raw.
Health Benefits of Tuna
Tuna is not only delicious but also packed with health benefits. It's an excellent source of high-quality protein, vitamins, and minerals. Rich in omega-3 fatty acids, tuna can aid in heart health, reduce inflammation, and support brain function. Plus, it's low in saturated fat and calories, making it a great choice for those looking to maintain a healthy diet.
Preparation and Serving Ideas
When it's time to dig into your tuna ceviche, it can be enjoyed with tortilla or wonton chips for dipping or served over rice for a poke bowl-style meal. You can also pile the ceviche on tostadas or spoon into lettuce cups. The possibilities are endless!
Frequently Asked Questions
- What type of tuna should I use for ceviche?
- We recommend using Ahi tuna for its rich flavor and freshness. Ensure it's rated AAA for best quality.
- Can I add other seafood to the ceviche?
- Yes, you can include shrimp, salmon, or scallops for a varied texture and taste. Experimenting with different seafood can create a unique and delicious dish.
- How long can I store the ceviche in the fridge?
- The ceviche is best enjoyed fresh but can be stored in the fridge for up to 24 hours. Be sure to cover it properly to maintain its flavor.
- Can I adjust the level of spiciness in the dish?
- Definitely! Feel free to adjust the amount of jalapeño or even try different types of chili peppers to suit your taste preference.
Additional Ingredients and Substitutions
Cilantro and onion add herb flavor to the ceviche while jalapeño adds a touch of heat. Other delicious ingredients to add to your ceviche include:
- Other diced fruit like watermelon or pineapple
- Chopped green onion or chives
- Sesame seeds
- Thinly sliced radishes
2 Sizzlefish Ahi Tuna filets (approximately 12 ounces)
1 cup peeled/chopped/seeded cucumber
1 cup chopped tomatoes
1/2 cup diced mango
1/2 cup thinly sliced red onion
1/2 cup chopped cilantro
1/2 cup fresh lime juice
1/4 cup fresh orange juice
2 tbsp less sodium soy sauce
1 tsp garlic
1 tbsp minced jalapeño
1 medium avocado, diced
Tortilla chips for serving
Combine diced ahi tuna, lime juice and orange juice in a medium bowl. Stir well to coat.
Refrigerate for 20-30 minutes, until tuna is firm and opaque. Tuna will turn from bright pink to a lighter pink with whitish edges.
Drain and discard citrus juices from ahi tuna.
Add tomatoes, cucumber, mango, red onion, soy sauce, garlic, jalapeño, and cilantro. Stir well to combine. Add avocado and stir a couple more times.
Serve chilled with tortilla chips.
- Serving Size
- 1 Serving
- per serving
- 24.4 grams
- 14.7 grams
- 35.5 grams