Coconut Baked Calamari
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 25 minutes
Yield: 2 servings
- 1 lb. calamari, cleaned and dried very well
- 1 large egg
- ¼ cup tapioca flour
- ½ cup coconut flour
- 2 tbsp. Italian seasoning
- ½ tsp. paprika
How to Prepare:
1. Preheat oven to 375 F. Prepare a large baking sheet with a baking mat or parchment paper.
2. In one bowl, add egg and whisk together with 2 tablespoons of water until frothy.
3. In a separate bowl, add tapioca, coconut flour, Italian seasoning, and paprika. Mix the ingredients together until thoroughly combined.
4. Place calamari rings in the egg wash bowl.
5. Remove one calamari ring from the egg wash and dip into the flour bowl, thoroughly coating it with the flour.
6. Place on the baking sheet. Repeat until all calamari are breaded.
7. Bake at 375 F for 15 minutes. Flip the calamari rings and bake another 12-15 minutes until golden brown on both sides.
8. Serve immediately with warm marinara sauce.