Mediterranean Baked Cod with Greek Yogurt
The Greek Yogurt Compliments The Baked Cod
So far we’ve covered grilling fish, seasoning fish, Italian style fish, and Mexican style fish tacos. WOW! That’s a lot of good recipes and suggestions. But we still have many more to share! For instance, GREEK style fish, or what some people would call “Mediterranean” fish.
Did you know that the Mediterranean diet is actually very healthy for you?
- Olive oil
- Fruits and Vegetables
- Red wine (yay!)
- High protein strained yogurt (GREEK)
Combing these foods together for meals is extremely heart healthy and great for maintaining lean muscles and a health weight.
- 2 Cod or Haddock Fillets
- ½ cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 tsp parsley, chopped
- Celtic salt (to taste)
- Fresh lemon
- Optional- olives and chopped red bell pepper (3 tbsp)
- Greek Yogurt (plain)- Topping
- Olive oil
- Balsamic vinegar
Preheat oven to 400F.
- Arrange fish in a baking dish. Lightly coat with olive oil and then evenly spread seasoning on top of each fillet. I also add a little salt and pepper. Feel free to add and bake your red pepper here if you’d like that option.
- Bake fish 20 minutes or 10 minutes per inch of thickness. Remove from oven and squeeze fresh lemon on top. Scoop 1 – 2 tbsp of Greek yogurt and place on top of fish. Drizzle with balsamic vinegar and the optional olives. Serves 2
- Now that you have a great Cod recipe, take advantage of the Sizzlefish special going on now through Memorial Day! Free Shipping on our Omega 3 Blast combo (salmon & sablefish/blackcod)
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.