The other night I was really hungry for pizza, or mostly hungry for pizza ingredients, such as the juicy red marinara, the cheese, and the cheese (no, that wasn’t a typo, I intentionally typed cheese twice). I also really wanted to eat a little healthier than that, like something with fresh FISH. Soo I ‘whipped something up’ from the sparse ingredients I had on hand, and low and behold it turned out to be a truly DELICIOUS meal and totally satisfied my pizza craving. Win. Win.
I baked the Sizzlefish HADDOCK. It has similar flavor and texture to COD but double the Omegas. Again, winning!
Per 4-oz portion: Total omega-3=301mg; EPA=86mg; DHA=184mg; Protein=23g
Italian Oven Baked Fish with Pasta
- Two 4oz portions of white fish (Sizzlefish Haddock)
- 2 Tbs Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Juice and zest of 1/2 a lemon
- 2 tsp dried oregano
- 2 tsp dried basil
- 1/2t sp red pepper
- dash of salt and pepper
- 1 1/2 cup Whole Wheat Penne Pasta
- 1 cup Spinach
- 1/2 cup sliced cherry tomatoes
- 1 cup of your favorite marinara sauce (I used Trader Joe’s Pizza sauce)
- about a cup total of cheese : assortment of shredded mozzarella, parmesan, and monterey jack.
- Begin boiling pasta.
- Cover two 4oz portions of white fish (Haddock) in 1/2 the extra virgin olive oil, add seasonings and bake at 350 for 10-15 minutes.
- When pasta is cooked and still warm, add the remaining olive oil, spinach, tomatoes, marinara, and cheese.
- Mix together well and transfer to an 8x8 glass baking pan.
- Pop in oven with fish until the fish is done and the pasta is heated through.
Serve fish over or along side the pasta. You can go pizzeria style and add a little extra red pepper and/or parmesan sprinkled on top. Also pairs well with wine : )
Happy weekend, and Buon Appetito!