Spring Pea & Onion Noodle Bowls
- 8 oz of haddock or shrimp
- 1 to 1½ cups shelled fresh English/Spring peas or thawed frozen peas (about 5-6 ounces)
- 1-2 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil or avocado oil
- ⅓ cup chopped red onion
- 2-3 cups vegetable broth
- ¼ tsp minced garlic
- 2 tbsp tamari sauce (or soy sauce if not gluten free)
- 5-6 oz rice or kelp noodles
- 2 tbsp honey mustard
- fresh lime juice
- dash of black pepper
- First prepare your protein. For this, combine your garlic, honey mustard, olive oil, and tamari sauce in a small bowl. Coat your fish fillet or protein in the sauce . Grill or bake for 10-12 minutes (if using fish) at 400F. While the fish (or other protein) is cooking, rinse your noodles and add to 3-4 cups boiling water with a dash of salt. Rice noodles usually cook in about 8-10 minutes. Kelp noodles take about a minute or two. You want to cook them at medium heat then drain and rinse with cold water. Set aside.
- Remove your protein/fish from the oven. While your noodles and fish are cooling. Prepare another pot with your broth, peas , and onion. Cook on medium high heat for about 4 minutes or until veggies are almost done. Then add in your noodles. Mix well. Let it simmer a few more minutes on low to get everything warm and cooked.
- Spoon noodles, veggies, and broth into bowls. Add your chopped fish or protein on top and a squeeze a little lime juice on top! Feel free to add in a dash chili pepper or black pepper too for spice!
You can easily double this recipe to serve 4! And if you are using chicken, the cooking time with be about 7-10 minutes longer in oven depending on the thickness of your chicken meat.
Recipe by Cotter Crunch at http://www.cottercrunch.com/2015/04/spring-pea-and-onion-noodle-bowls-gluten-free-and-how-to-pick-the-perfect-pod/
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.