Lobster is spiced with chili powder and broiled them with coconut oil fried plantains, Pico de Gallo, and sliced avocado. An easy, any time meal that takes 10 minutes to make.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time 10 minutes
Yield: 2 servings
- 2 lobster tails, thawed
- 2 ripe plantains, sliced
- ¼ cup coconut oil
- 1 T. grass-fed butter, melted
- ½ tbsp. chili powder
- ½ tsp. cumin
- ½ tsp. oregano
- ½ tsp. salt
- 1 sliced avocado & Pico de Gallo for serving
How to Make It
- Bring a large skillet to medium heat with the coconut oil. Place the sliced plantains in the skillet and let them cook until you place the lobster in the oven.
- Set the oven to 325 F.
- Using kitchen scissors, cut the shell of both lobster tails down the center and remove to expose the flesh. Place the lobster tails on a small baking sheet.
- Place ½ tablespoon of melted butter on each lobster tail.
- In a small ramekin, mix together the chili powder, cumin and oregano. Sprinkle half the mixture over one lobster tail and the other half on the other.
- Bake at 325 F on high 8-10 minutes until slightly pink.
- While the lobster cooks, flip the plantains and cook another 2-3 minutes until slightly brown.
- Transfer to a plate lined with paper towel. Dab the plantains dry.
- Remove the lobster from the oven. Serve immediately with plantains, Pico de Gallo, and sliced avocado.