This Lobster Bisque is healthier, made with wholesome ingredients and quick to make in 30 minutes. Paleo friendly and easier than you think!
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Yield: 4 servings
- 2 lobster tails, thawed
- 1 tbsp. ghee
- ½ cup red onion, diced
- ½ cup coconut cream, canned
- ¼ cup tomato paste
- 14 oz. canned tomatoes with juices
- ¼ cup water
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 tbsp. garlic, minced
- 1 tsp. paprika
- ½ tsp. cayenne pepper
- 1 tbsp. thyme
How to Make It
- Steam the lobster tails by bringing a large pot to medium heat, add a ¼ cup of water, place the lobster tails in the pot and cover.
- Steam 5 minutes then check the lobster tails to see they are done. The shell will be red and the flesh opaque. Remove from the pot and transfer to a place to cool.
- While the lobster tails chill, add the ghee to the pot with the diced red onion, minced garlic, bay leaf and tomato paste. Stir together then bring the pot to a medium heat.
- Cook 5 minutes until the onion is tender then add the canned tomatoes with juices, paprika, cayenne pepper, thyme and chicken broth.
- Bring to a boil, then reduce to a simmer and cover. Simmer for 10 minutes.
- While the bisque is simmering, remove the lobster flesh from the shells. Roughly chop into 1” inch pieces.
- Stir the coconut cream into the pot with the chopped lobster. Cook another 5 minutes then serve!