This 30-minute bouillabaisse makes an easy dinner stew with iron rich mussels. Serve as a meal or appetizer!
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Yield: 4 servings
- 1 package mussels, thawed
- 1 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp. minced garlic
- 2 leeks, halved and thinly sliced
- 28 ounces canned crushed tomatoes
- 4 cups organic fish or vegetable broth
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 tsp. fennel
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Fresh parsley for serving
How to Make It
- Heat a large pot over medium heat. Add the extra virgin olive oil, minced garlic, bay leaf, salt, pepper and sliced leeks. Stir to combine.
- While the mixture heats, wash and clean the mussels. Set aside in a colander.
- To the pot, add the tomatoes and broth. Turn the heat to high and cover until it boils.
- Reduce the heat to a low simmer. Keep covered and simmer another 15 minutes.
- Remove the cover, add the mussels and simmer another 5 minutes until the mussels open.
- Remove the mussels from the pot that do not open and discard along with the bay leaf.
- Serve immediately with fresh parsley.