Baked Seafood Imperial
This baked seafood imperial is loaded with four different types of seafood! It’s a sure-fire crowd pleaser with a creamy sauce and crispy Parmesan breadcrumb topping!
Seafood imperial is a creamy baked seafood dish that can be served with crackers as a dip or as a stand-alone entree. In this recipe, the imperial is individually portioned into 4 servings, perfect for dinner parties. Sizzlefish calamari, shrimp, scallops, and crab all have starring roles in this dish adding their flavor and texture to each bite.
Here at Sizzlefish, our seafood arrives frozen, pre portioned and ready to thaw with ease of incorporating into your favorite recipes. Our calamari come with tentacles and tubes in a one-pound package. The calamari are wild caught off the coast of the North Atlantic Ocean.
Wild caught Gulf shrimp are sourced from the Gulf of Mexico. They’re already peeled, deveined and tail-free for minimal prep time. Wild Gulf Shrimp are full of heart healthy Omega-3 fatty acids and a great source of protein.
Our scallops are tender and rich with a mild flavor. They’re caught off the coast of Maryland in the mid-Atlantic Ocean before being dry packed without any preservative solution. This ensures the purest scallops with optimal flavor. Scallops are rich in omega-3 fatty acids and are a great source of brain-boosting B-12.
With all the seafood in this recipe, it’s no wonder that it’s high in protein and good- for-you fats. This recipe has staying power and will keep you feeling full. Serve alongside a crisp salad or grilled vegetables if desired.
Before baking, the seafood is sautéed in a butter, onion and garlic mixture, helping the seafood release its liquid, which is drained before adding the creamy sauce. This step keeps the final result from being too watery, so be sure to drain and discard the liquid after sautéing.
1 package Sizzlefish calamari, thawed
2 portions Sizzlefish shrimp, thawed
2 portions Sizzlefish scallops, thawed
8 oz. Sizzlefish lump crab meat, thawed
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup chopped sweet yellow onion
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 1 1/2 tsp Old Bay seasoning
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 egg
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 cup breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- Fresh parsley
- Lemon wedges for serving (optional)
Preheat oven to 400ºF. Chop shrimp, scallops and squid into small pieces. Blot any excess moisture from seafood with paper towel. Heat butter over medium heat in a large pan and add onion. Sauté for 5 minutes to soften onions.
- Stir in chopped shrimp, scallops, squid, and garlic. Sauté for 3-5 minutes longer, stirring regularly. Drain and discard liquid from pan. Transfer mixture to a large mixing bowl. Add crab meat and old bay seasoning.
- Stir together mayonnaise, egg, Dijon mustard, Worcestershire and lemon juice in a small bowl. Fold mixture into seafood to evenly coat.
- Divide between 4 lightly greased oven safe ramekins. Place on a baking sheet. Stir together breadcrumbs and Parmesan cheese. Sprinkle on top and mist with olive oil spray. Transfer to oven. Bake for 15-20 minutes, until bubbly and top is golden brown.
- Remove from oven and cool for 5 minutes. Top with parsley and serve hot with lemon wedges if desired.