Shrimp Salad Bowl With Mango Salsa
Needing some exciting variety in your life tonight? Try this scrumptious salad bowl, full of protein, nutrition, and balanced flavors. Make it a party in the kitchen, pour a glass of wine, and ask a friend to help prep the fruit and vegetables. You will find how rewarding the flavor profiles are, from the caustic rice wine flavor to the heat of the cayenne, each bite will take you on a journey-and leave you completely satisfied!
- 1 pound peeled and deveined Sizzlefish Wild Gulf Shrimp
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons Shaoxing wine (or rice wine)
- 2 teaspoons potato starch (or cornstarch)
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne powder
- 1/4 teaspoon Sichuan peppercorn powder (or black pepper powder)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Sweet potato noodles
- 3 large sweet potatoes
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 green onions, chopped
- Pinch of sea salt
- Mango salsa
- 4 cups cubed mango (yield from 4 small mangoes or 2 large mangoes)
- 1 jalapeno, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup loosely packed mint, chopped
- 2 tablespoons minced red onion
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon grated ginger
- (Optional) 1/8 teaspoon cayenne powder
- Cherry tomatoes
- Sliced avocado
- Sliced cucumber
- Sliced purple onion
To Cook the Shrimp:
- Combine shrimp, soy sauce, Shaoxing wine, cornstarch, cayenne powder, and Sichuan peppercorn powder in a bowl.
- Mix well and coat shrimp evenly with spices.
- Let marinate for 10 to 30 minutes.
- Heat oil in a nonstick pan until hot.
- Add shrimp.Cook and occasionally stir, until the surface turns slightly golden and the shrimp have curled. Transfer to a plate immediately.
Prepare Mango Salsa:
- Combine mango, jalapeno, mint, green onion, lime juice, ginger and cayenne powder in a bowl.
- Stir to mix well.
Cook potato noodles:
- Cut sweet potatoes into noodles using a spiralizer. If you do not have a spiralizer, use a julienne peeler or mandoline to cut sweet potatoes into strips.
- Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet until warm. Add sweet potato. Cook and stir until soft.
- Transfer to a serving plate.
- Add cooked shrimp and other toppings.
- Serve with mango salsa.
Recipe Credits: Maggie at www.omnivrescookbook.com
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.