This Blackened Baked Salmon recipe is the perfect combination of spicy char flavor and buttery richness in a ridiculously easy meal.
Here at Sizzlefish, we are all about enjoying delicious meals with minimal effort and this recipe is no exception. Whether you prep the blackening seasoning beforehand or make it right before you prepare the salmon fillets, you are in and out of the kitchen in less than 30 minutes. Not only that, but you are creating a beautiful dish with bold balanced flavors that can be served up at the fanciest of meals or as your casual weeknight supper.
While we simplified this recipe to be quickly baked in the oven, you could also sear it in a pan with a little olive oil or grill it in about the same amount of time. Any of these methods are perfect for this seasoning mix. We like the ease of baking the fillets to give us time to prep the rest of the meal on a busy night, but definitely don’t shy away from cooking it in the other methods. Grilling the fillets will add another level of charred flavor that only enhances the smoky spicy flavors in the blackening seasoning. Searing the fillets in a little olive oil will soften the spice layer, but also give it another level of flavor from the caramelization. Here, we pared the salmon with an easy mix of freshly cooked rice and black beans. If using beans from a can, make sure you drain and rinse them well. Add on a few sprinkles of freshly diced red bell pepper, some fresh chopped parsley and a squeeze of lemon juice…MMMMM!
High in omega-3s, full of protein and loaded with heart-healthy vitamins, this salmon dish is not only good for you, but incredibly delicious.
Blackened Baked Salmon
Preparation Time: 10 Minutes
Cook Time: 15 Minutes
Yield: Serves 4
- 4 Sizzlefish Salmon Fillets
- Olive Oil
- 1 TBSP Paprika
- 2 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1 tsp Onion Powder
- 1 tsp Dried Thyme
- 1 tsp Dried Oregano
- 1 tsp Kosher Salt
- ½ tsp Cayenne Pepper
- ¼ tsp Ground Black Pepper
- Remove the salmon fillets from the refrigerator about 20 minutes prior to preparing.
- Preheat the oven to 400°. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a small bowl, combine the spices and herbs for the blackening seasoning.
- Place the salmon fillets on the parchment lined baking sheet. Pat the fillets dry with a paper towel.
- Lightly oil the salmon with olive oil. Rub the oil on the fillets to form an even coat. You can either dip the meat side of the salmon fillets in the blackening seasoning or you can sprinkle it over the fillets evenly; depending on how thick you want the seasoning on the fillets. If you want more seasoning on your fillets, you can coat both sides.
- Bake the fillets skin side down for 12-15 minutes or until the salmon is firm and cooked through. Serve warm.