Honey Sriracha Salmon
A Delightful Dive into Flavor: Honey Sriracha Salmon
Indulge in a culinary masterpiece with our Honey Sriracha Salmon. This dish is more than a meal; it's a flavorful escapade that promises a roller-coaster of taste sensations with every bite.
A Culinary Journey to Thailand
With its roots tracing back to the coastal city of Si Racha in Thailand, sriracha sauce is a true testament to the region's rich culinary heritage. By combining this Asian zest with the natural sweetness of honey, our recipe provides a symphonic blend of flavors that transports you straight to the heart of Thailand with every bite.
The Taste Adventure Awaits
Imagine a dance of flavors: the sweet melody of caramelized honey and the fiery tempo of sriracha. Together, they create a duet that hits all the right notes, striking a balance that lingers, teasing your palate and leaving a memorable aftertaste.
Air Fryer vs. Oven: Your Cooking Companions
The Honey Sriracha Salmon recipe offers flexibility for the modern cook. Opt for the air fryer, leveraging its rapid hot air circulation for a speedy and efficient method that locks in flavors. Or, go the traditional route with a conventional oven, baking your salmon to a delightful, golden-brown perfection. Whichever you choose, the end result is a flavorful masterpiece.
Complement with Veggies
Balance the boldness of Honey Sriracha Salmon with a symphony of fresh vegetables. Whether it's the crunch of steamed broccoli, the sweetness of baby corn, or the freshness of shelled edamame, there's no limit to creating your perfect bowl. Dive into the exotic with bok choy or bamboo shoots, or keep it classic with bell peppers and carrots. Every vegetable adds a unique note, making each bite a culinary masterpiece.
Salmon: The Heart of the Dish
Every chef knows that a dish's success lies in the quality of its ingredients. Our selection of salmon ensures the utmost flavor and health benefits:
- King Salmon (Chinook): Wild-caught from the cold waters of Alaska, known for its superior flavor, texture, and omega-3 content. Perfectly portioned for your convenience.
- Coho Salmon: A milder flavor profile making it a perfect introduction for those new to salmon. Rich in omega-3s, it's versatile enough for any recipe.
- Sockeye Salmon: A delicacy from Alaska's waters, this salmon is known for its vibrant red hue and rich taste. The skin is kept intact to preserve its high omega-3 content, ensuring a moist finish.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Which salmon type is best for this recipe? All our salmon varieties work wonderfully, but for those who enjoy a milder taste, Coho salmon might be the best choice.
- Can I replace honey with another sweetener? Absolutely! Agave nectar can be an excellent substitute, though it might slightly alter the dish's flavor profile.
- Is the sriracha sauce very spicy? Sriracha offers a balanced flavor with heat, tanginess, and sweetness. However, its spiciness can vary depending on the brand, so adjust according to your preference.
Personalize Your Dish
Everyone has their unique taste, and we encourage culinary exploration! Feel free to swap honey with agave nectar or experiment with different vegetables. Remember, the best dishes often arise from personal touches.
4 portions Sizzlefish salmon
2 tbsp sriracha sauce
2 tbsp honey
1 tbsp fresh lime juice
1 tbsp low sodium soy sauce
1/4 tsp garlic powder
1 tbsp sesame seeds
1/4 cup mayonnaise
2 tbsp honey sriracha sauce
1 cup shelled edamame, thawed
2 cups steamed broccoli
1 cup cut baby corn
4 cups cooked rice
For Sriracha Mayonnaise
For Serving (optional)
Blot salmon with paper towel and place on a plate. Stir together sriracha, honey, lime juice, soy sauce and garlic powder in a small bowl. Reserve 2 tablespoons of sauce in a separate bowl.
Brush honey sriracha sauce on salmon.
For Air Frying: Lightly grease basket of air fryer with cooking oil and transfer salmon to basket. Air fry at 380ºF for 10 minutes.
For Baking: Preheat oven to 425ºF and line a small baking sheet with parchment paper. Brush salmon with sauce and place on baking sheet. Bake for 12-14 minutes, until salmon is fully cooked.
While salmon cooks, stir together mayonnaise and reserved sauce.
Serve salmon over rice with vegetables topped with sriracha mayonnaise and sesame seeds.
- Serving Size
- 1 Serving
- per serving
- 25.6 grams
- 9.5 grams
- 32.6 grams