King Salmon is rubbed with warm, Jerk spices and baked to perfection on a sheet pan. Paired with mofongo (mashed plantains) for a flavorful and balanced meal!
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Yield: 2 servings
- 2 king salmon filets
- 2 large plantains, ripe
- 2 tbsp. dairy free milk
- 1 tbsp. ghee
- 1 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 tsp dried parsley
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- ¼ tsp coriander
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- ½ tsp paprika
- salt & pepper to taste
How to Make It
- Preheat the oven to 350 F. Prepare a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Slice the plantains and place in a boiling pot of water. Boil 10 minutes, or until tender. Drain the plantains and set aside.
- Prepare the salmon by patting dry with paper towels.
- Combine half the crushed red pepper and parsley with the remaining seasonings in a bowl.
- Drizzle each filet with extra virgin olive oil then sprinkle half the seasoning onto each filet, and rub it in using your hands.
- Transfer the salmon to the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake at 350 F 10-12 minutes or until the salmon is cooked through.
- While the salmon bakes, add the plantains to a blender with milk, ghee, salt and remaining crushed red peppers and parsley. Combine until smooth.
- Serve salmon with the mashed plantains (mofongo).