Fire up the grill! High protein scallops are grilled on skewers with veggies and served with a homemade, spinach macadamia pesto. A Whole30 meal that’s quick to make!
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 12 minutes
Yield: 2 servings
- 2 packages scallops, cleaned and patted dry
- 4 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil + 4 tbsp. more for the grill
- ½ cup button mushrooms
- ½ cup white onion, sliced in large pieces
- 1 cup zucchini, sliced
- 1 green bell pepper, sliced
- 1 orange bell pepper, sliced
- Salt & pepper to taste
For the pesto:
- ¼ cup avocado oil
- ½ cup spinach
- ¼ cup raw macadamia nuts
How to Make It
- Turn on the grill and heat to 325 F.
- Before starting with the skewers, chop all the veggies. They should be thick in size, so they can withstand the heat of the grill.
- Take 4 skewers and thread the veggies and scallops on them.
- Brush the skewers generously with the extra virgin olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Brush the grill generously with the oil then add the skewers.
- Cook 4 minutes then rotate the skewers on the grill a 1/3 of the way. Rotate two more times until the scallops are opaque and the veggies are cooked.
- Remove the skewers from the grill and set aside.
- Place the ingredients for the pesto in a blender. Blend until smooth.
- Serve the pesto immediately with the scallops.