Scallops served over warm carrot noodles and a Chinese five-spice blend. A quick Whole30 meal that’s nourishing and tastes like takeout!
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Yield: 2 servings
- 1 packaged scallops, thawed
- 4 large carrots, spiralized
- 2 tbsp ghee
- ½ cup coconut aminos
- 2 tbsp. apple cider vinegar
- 2 tsp. Whole30 compliant 5-spice powder
- 2 tbsp green onion, diced
- 2 tbsp cilantro, chopped
- ½ tsp. red pepper flakes
- 1 tsp. white sesame seeds
- Sea salt to taste
How to Make It
- In a bowl, whisk together the coconut aminos, apple cider vinegar and 5- spice powder. Set aside.
- Heat a large skillet to medium heat with the ghee. Pat the scallops dry with a paper towel then add to the warm skillet and sprinkle with sea salt.
- Cook 2-3 minutes on each side until opaque.
- Remove from the pan and set aside.
- Add the carrots noodles to the pan with the sauce. Cook 2-3 minutes until al dente tossing to coat it with the sauce.
- Serve the carrot noodles with the scallops topped with red pepper flakes, green onions, cilantro and sesame seeds.