Seared scallops top a bed of stir-fried veggies in this simple and filling Whole30 recipe. Add your favorite veggies and enjoy!
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Yield: 2 servings
- 2 packages scallops thawed
- 2 tbsp. avocado oil
- 1 red bell pepper diced
- 2 cup broccoli florets
- 1 cup red cabbage shredded
- ½ cup carrots, shredded
- ½ tbsp. arrowroot powder
- ¼ cup coconut aminos
- 2 tbsp. apple cider vinegar
- 2 tsp. ginger powder
- 2 tbsp. scallions sliced
- Salt and pepper to taste
How to Make It
- Heat a wok or skillet to medium heat and add the avocado oil.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the coconut aminos, apple cider vinegar, arrowroot powder and ginger powder. Set aside to thicken.
- Pat the scallops dry with paper towels. Set aside.
- Once the oil is hot in the pan, add the broccoli florets and bell pepper with salt and pepper.
- Cook 3 minutes then add remaining veggies along with the sauce.
- Cook another 5 minutes until veggies are almost tender.
- Once they appear almost tender, make a well in the skillet or wok in the center and add the scallops. Depending on the size of your skillet, you may need to do this in batches.
- Cook the scallops 3 minutes on each side. Once cooked, stir the veggies over them.
- Serve immediately with sliced scallions.