Discover the Magic of Chimichurri on Shrimp
Dive into the tangy, slightly spicy world of Chimichurri shrimp, an irresistible blend of herbs and spices on luscious colossal shrimp. A quick yet exotic meal ready in a snap!
A Flavorful Tango
The delightful dance of herbs from the chimichurri with the subtle sweetness of our colossal shrimp is a taste profile to cherish. Every bite promises a zesty journey.
From the Depths of Gulf of California
We believe in purity and quality. Our colossal shrimp are wild-caught, free from additives and chemicals. Sizzlefish ensures responsible fishing, preserving the ocean's beauty for generations to come.
The Health Punch with Every Bite
Not just flavorsome, our shrimp pack a health boost. Rich in proteins and low in carbs, they're a keto-favorite. Plus, the herbs in chimichurri offer their own set of health wonders!
Understanding Shrimp Sizes
Ever wondered what "colossal" in shrimp really means? Let's decode the shrimp size terminology:
Colossal Shrimp: Less than 15 shrimp per pound.
- Super Jumbo: 16-20ct per pound.
- Jumbo: 21-25ct per pound.
- Large: 26/30ct per pound.
The Argentinean Charm: Chimichurri
A staple in Argentinean cuisine, Chimichurri is the heart and soul of many dishes. An herby, garlicky, and slightly tangy blend, it elevates the taste of anything it touches.
The Green Magic: Chimichurri Ingredients
What gives Chimichurri its iconic flavor? A beautiful blend of:
Fresh Parsley: Vibrant green and herby, the foundation of chimichurri.
- Cilantro: An herbaceous dimension, sometimes used alongside or instead of parsley.
- Garlic: Pungent and savory, adding depth.
- Onion or Shallots: Finely chopped for added flavor and texture.
- Vinegar: Red or white wine vinegar for tanginess.
- Olive Oil: Richness and a smooth texture.
- Fresh Oregano: Earthy and slightly aromatic.
- Red Pepper Flakes: For a spicy kick.
- Salt: Essential for flavor enhancement.
Twist, Turn & Serve It Your Way
Our chimichurri sauce is versatile. Apart from our colossal shrimp, you can drizzle it over:
Cod or Whitefish: A mild-tasting fish that can take on the flavors of chimichurri.
- Salmon: The fatty richness of salmon can be complemented with the tangy chimichurri.
- Scallops: Tender scallops can be enhanced with the zesty sauce.
- Lobster: An indulgent seafood treat that pairs well with the herby goodness of chimichurri.
And if you're looking for more than just seafood, try serving the shrimp and sauce over rice, quinoa, or alongside grilled veggies. Or, get creative and use the shrimp and chimichurri in a salad!
2 packages Sizzlefish Colossal Shrimp
2 tbsp olive oil
1 tsp paprika
1/4 tsp garlic powder
1/4 tsp salt
1/3 cup olive oil
1/4 cup red wine vinegar
1 medium shallot, peeled and chopped
1 tbsp minced garlic
1 cup fresh cilantro
1 cup fresh parsley
1/2 tsp dried oregano
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp red pepper flakes
For Chimichurri Sauce
Combine ingredients for Chimichurri sauce in a food processor and pulse until finely chopped and thoroughly mixed.
Transfer to a small bowl.
Blot shrimp with paper towel and place in a bowl. Add paprika, garlic and salt. Stir to coat shrimp.
Heat olive oil over medium-high heat in a large skillet for 2 minutes. Add shrimp and cook for 2 minutes on both sides, or until fully cooked.
Serve shrimp hot topped with Chimichurri sauce.
- Serving Size
- 1 Serving
- per serving
- 28 grams
- 21 grams
- 49 grams