Calamari makes the perfect addition to this Whole30 fish chili. Full of spicy flavor that can be easily adjusted to any taste bud!
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time 25 minutes
Yield: 4 servings
- 1 lb. calamari, tubes sliced into rings and tail fin pieces roughly chopped
- 1 sweet potato, peeled and cubed
- 1 cup celery, diced
- 2/3 cup carrots, diced
- 1 jalapeno, diced
- 2 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 1 14 oz. can diced tomatoes
- 2 cups vegetable or fish broth
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp thyme
- 2 tsp oregano
- Salt and pepper to taste
How to Make It
- Add extra virgin olive oil to a large pot and bring to medium heat.
- Add carrots, celery and jalapeño to the pot with the bay leaf, thyme, chili powder, oregano, salt and pepper. Cook 2-3 minutes until veggies are softened.
- Add the diced sweet potatoes, can of tomatoes with juices and broth to the pot.
- Bring the pot to a boil, then reduce to a simmer and cover.
- Simmer for 20 minutes then add calamari rings and pieces.
- Cook another 5 minutes or until the calamari turns opaque and puffs up.
- Serve immediately garnished with sliced jalapeños.