Maple Mustard Poppy Seed Baked Cod Recipe
Maple Mustard Poppy Seed Baked Cod is an authentic out of the box recipe that will make you look like a pro in the kitchen. The finished product is a dish that is both tangy and sweet, sure to impress whoever is lucky enough to eat it. On top of that it's healthy, high in protein and low in calories. Would make the perfect week night dinner.
- 2 to 3 pieces of 4 oz sizzlefish alaskan cod
- 3 tbsp dijon mustard or other mustard of choice
- 1/2 tsp minced garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp mustard powder
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp maple syrup or honey
- 1 tsp poppy seed
- 1/ 4 tsp each sea salt/black pepper
- 1/4 c Chopped onion (white or green)
- Lemon juice (1 tsp or half a lemon juiced)
- Mix the first 7 ingredients together in small bowl. Set aside.
- Clean 3 pieces of 4-6oz cod/other white fish . Sprinkle each fillet with a dash of sea salt and black pepper to taste.
- Spread 2 tbsp of the poppyseed mustard sauce on top of each fillet. sprinkle 1/4 cup of the chopped onion over the fish (evenly)
- Roast at 400F for 10-12 minutes. 15 minutes if using salmon.
- Remove and squeeze lemon juice on top (just a little onto each fillet).
- or you can cut a thin slice and place it on top of fish before serving.
- Add more pepper/sea salt to taste if desired.
Recipe Credits: Lindsay @ Cotter Crunch
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.