We all know that fish is good for bodies. Yes, it’s full of protein, good fats, and plenty of other important nutrients. But did you know that fish is also good for our MIND and MOOD?
Fatty Fish (like Salmon, Trout, and Tuna) are a natural sources of omega-3 fats (fatty acids). There are two main types of this fatty acid; eicosapentaenoic acid (EPA) and docosahexaenoic acid (DHA).
EPA and DHA can be found in our brain tissue and are crucial for nerve function and mood regulation.
Basically, eating enough fatty acid (in the form of EPA/DHA), can keep your brain levels thriving and serotonin (your happy hormone) functioning properly.
Raise your hand if you’re happy about that? I know I am!
So how do we know we’re getting enough? Well, simple. Start making fish part of your weekly meal plan!
Consuming oily fish at least twice a week is a great place to start.
Fire up the grill, season your salmon, and feel good about your Fish!Salmon with Beetroot and Spicy Pepper/Feta Chutney.
This dish is pretty simple.
- Place your salmon in foil.
- Add sliced beets on top or below fillet.
- Drizzle with a raspberry or red wine vinaigrette and ½ tbsp. olive oil.
- Season with black pepper and 1 tsp or less of onion salt (or onion powder) and place on grill for about 10 minutes.
- Top with favorite spicy chutney and 1 tbsp feta.