Grilled Salmon with Orange Slices & Red Onion
- 2 salmon filets (I used frozen that were partially defrosted by the time they went on the grill)
- olive oil, salt and pepper (I used Omnivore’s Salt)
- 1/2 orange, sliced into thick rings, then cut in half
- red onion, thinly sliced
- Prep your grill. (We used a charcoal grill.)
- Tear two long pieces of foil (about 20″ each) and place a salmon filet in each.
- Drizzle the salmon with olive oil and sprinkle liberally with salt and pepper.
- Layer the onion on top, then the orange slices.
- Tightly seal the foil around the salmon to create a little pouch.
- Place the salmon the prepared grill. If using charcoal, wait until the charcoals have turned completely white and then put the lid on it to dampen the heat a little. If you’re using a gas grill, you want a medium heat.
- Grill on each side for 5 minutes, just until the salmon is cooked through.
- Serve, with the onions and oranges on the side, and drizzle the juice from the foil on top of the salmon. I recommend a great pinot noir to go with it!
Blog post curtsey of Teri @ http://afoodiestaysfit.com/
Follow Teri on: