Call Us Mon-Fri, 7-4 ET At: (833) 603-0888
Limited Time: Save 10% On Chilean Sea Bass & 15% On Sea Bass Orders $199+
September 11, 2014
Part of our love for seasonal change is due to the new smells and flavors each season brings. We’re talking healing spices today, maybe some of these spices are fall familiars, while others are newer to you. Either way, spices are MUCH more than just flavor to kick up your meals, find out why!
1. Ginger -- Improves the absorption and assimilation of nutrients in the body, soothes nausea, and is anti-inflammatory, relieving joint pain. Who wouldn't want that?
2. Cumin -- A good source of Iron and Vitamin C, it is a powerful antioxidant that plays a role in fighting cancer. It has also been found effective increasing insulin sensitivity, thus a great nutrient for diabetics!
3. Garlic -- Is an antioxidant and researchers widely believe that the organic compound in garlic- allicin, which gives garlic its aroma and flavor, acts as the world’s most powerful antioxidant. The allicin is also a powerful antibiotic, that fights infection and bacteria. Include it more this fall to prevent colds!
4. Rosemary -- Medicinally, it has been shown to support healthy digestion, healthy circulation and alleviation of joint pain. The oil is frequently used for aromatherapy, and has been shown to enhance alertness.
5. Cinnamon -- Not only good in a roll, it is an antioxidant that supports healthy blood sugar levels, good brain function and (great news for cold season) helps to prevent and fight colds! There is a history of cinnamon aiding in fighting infections and even some types of cancer.
Source :: Mountain Rose Inc and Wellness Mama
Here’s a delicious recipe you can use to make some seasonally spicy, fillets of Salmon!
Makes about 2 small fillets.
Cheers to Fall Spices and Omegas!
Lindsay and Abby
Sizzlefish Nutrition Specialist
Comments will be approved before showing up.
June 15, 2021
Grilling salmon in a foil pack is not only easy to make, but easy on the clean up as well! This recipe for Grilled Salmon in Foil with Spicy Honey Lime Sauce is a flavorful sweet and savory dish you need to try this grilling season!
May 06, 2021
This Pesto Baked Salmon recipe is a real treat! In this dish, savory basil pesto pairs perfectly with rich salmon fillets and creamy roasted new potatoes.