- 5-6 oz chopped or finely diced salmon (raw or canned works. See notes for specifics)
- ½ cup butternut squash (pureed or mashed)
- 2 eggs
- 3 tbsp coconut flour
- 1 rosemary sprig
- ¼ tsp regular or smoked paprika
- ¼ tsp sea salt
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- ½ tsp garlic (minced)
- ¼ tsp curry powder (optional)
- 1 tsp honey (optional)
- 1 tbsp oil or butter/ghee for cooking
- First clean and slice up your raw salmon if you are using fresh versus canned. Remove any extra skin.
- Place in bowl and then add in the your eggs and coconut flour. Mix well. finally add in your herbs, squash, and seasonings. Mix well into a batter.
- If batter is too runny, add 1 tbsp more coconut flour.
- Form into 8 balls and then lay them on parchment paper.
- Press them into patties/cakes so they are around 3 to 4 inches wide and 1 inch thick.
- Now turn on your skillet to medium high. Add your butter or oil.
- Once heated, add in 4 patties/cakes at a time or less. Cook for 3 to 4 minutes on each side or until you see the salmon is cooked thoroughly. If you are using canned salmon, they will cook faster.
- Remove from skillet. Add more 1 tsp more or so of butter/oil and repeat for the next batch of 4 patties/cakes.
- Garnish with extra rosemary, black pepper, chili flakes, or garlic if desired and serve with your choice of dip/sauce or as is.