The New Year is here and we are all in need of some lighter, healthier meals. This perfectly roasted salmon dish is ideal for any health goals you have. Whole 30 compliant, Paleo, Keto, and just plain balanced deliciousness, this dish is a simple meal that will make your appetite incredibly happy.
Here at Sizzlefish, our purpose is to bring you the healthiest, freshest seafood you can find. Our wild-caught salmon is the perfect example of this. Our salmon fillets are some of the highest in omega-3 levels found on the market. Did you know that omega-3 fatty acids are known to improve heart function, lower blood pressure and improve HDL levels? Pretty amazing, right? Not only do you get a healthy dose of omega-3’s from our salmon, but these delicious fillets provide antioxidants such as taurine and heart-healthy vitamin B12. They also contain selenium (shown to promote healthy brain function and support the immune system) and packed with protein which aides in muscle growth. Pretty perfect, right?
Fresh, easy and delicious, this recipe for Sheet Pan Baked Salmon with Asparagus makes the perfect weeknight supper on even the busiest nights. We went with a classic combination of salmon and asparagus when we created this. The great thing about this recipe is that you can easily customize it to suit your taste or fit within the seasonal changes in vegetables. Fresh green beans with Italian seasonings are a delicious combination. Zucchini, yellow squash and cherry tomatoes with fresh basil in the summertime are incredibly delicious too! This recipe is made for you to get creative and to inspire you as you create your own healthy meals. It’s also perfect as leftovers. Add the deliciously roasted salmon and vegetables to a bed of fresh mixed greens and you have yourself an amazing lunch the next day.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
- 4 4oz Sizzlefish Salmon Fillets
- 1-2 lb Fresh Asparagus Spears; go extra if you’re a veggie lover
- 1 TBSP Olive Oil
- 1 Lemon, zest removed and juiced
- ½ Lemon, sliced and quartered
- Salt to taste
- Pepper to taste
- Fresh Oregano
- Preheat the oven to 400°. Line a large sheet pan with parchment paper.
- Trim the ends from the asparagus.
- Place the trimmed asparagus and salmon fillets on the sheet pan.
- Lightly coat the salmon and asparagus with olive oil. Evenly distribute the lemon zest and lemon juice over the salmon fillets and asparagus. Lightly salt and pepper everything to taste.
- Evenly distribute the quartered lemon wedges around the sheet pan on the salmon fillets and asparagus.
- Place the sheet pan in the oven and bake for 10-15 minutes or until the asparagus is crisp-tender and the salmon fillets are firm to the touch and opaque with an internal temperature of 140°.
- Serve warm garnish with fresh oregano.