Lemon Dill Baked Salmon with Caper Aioli
For the Salmon
- 4, 5-6 oz portions salmon
- 1 lemon
- 1 Tbsp + 1 tsp ghee
- ½ tsp sea salt
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- 1 Tbsp minced garlic
- 4 sprigs fresh dill
For the Aioli
- ¼ cup mayonnaise (homemade or store-bought)
- 1 Tbsp capers, chopped
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- Preheat the oven to 375 F. Grease a large glass baking dish with 1 tsp ghee, and lay the pieces of salmon in the dish, leaving a little wiggle room between each piece.
- Season the salmon: Divide the minced garlic among the pieces of salmon and rub it all over the fish. Season each piece with salt and pepper, divide the 1 Tbsp ghee among the pieces of salmon, placing a little dollop in the middle of each piece of fish. Place a sprig of dill and slice of lemon on top of each fish.
- Cover the dish with aluminum foil, and pop it in the oven.
- Bake for about 20 minutes, until salmon is cooked almost all the way through and flakes easily with a fork. To prevent it from drying out, make sure it doesn’t bake to the point where lots of white stuff is coming out of the fish (that means it’s overcooked!)
- While the salmon is baking, make your aioli: whisk together the mayonnaise, capers, and lemon juice, and set aside until ready to serve.
- When the salmon is done, top with a dollop of caper aioli, and devour!
Recipe Credits: Dana @ www.realfoodwithdana.com
More from: Gluten Free High Protein Paleo Salmon Whole30
Leave a comment