Flavorful and incredibly simple to make, this quick and delicious Salmon Burger Recipe is perfect for a busy weeknight meal.
We’ve taken our weeknight salmon dinner to the next level with this delicious recipe. Let’s start with nutrition first, shall we? These salmon burger patties are full of heart healthy omega-3s from the combination of wild caught salmon and quinoa. Not only that, but the combination of those two ingredients makes these babies full of protein and iron. Exciting, right?
Sometimes you need to shake things up and these Salmon Burgers are a tasty way to do just that. We’ve combined our tender salmon fillets with cooked quinoa along with vibrant herbs and spices to form these super juicy burger patties. We went with cooked quinoa as a binder in this recipe, but you could also use bread crumbs or crushed crackers just the same. We have also found that the burgers hold together easier when you blend a portion of the ingredients in a food processor. The puree holds everything together without having to add a bunch of filler to the burger patties. This recipe holds together really well and while we cooked the burgers in a non-stick pan, you could also use grill pan, a grill or bake them in the oven. We love a versatile recipe that gives you seasonal options for preparation. We served our burgers on a bun with fresh greens, thinly sliced tomatoes, and tartar sauce alongside a mix of oven cooked sweet potato and Yukon gold fries. YUM!
Simple Salmon Burgers
Preparation Time: 15 Minutes
Cook Time: 10 Minutes
Yield: 4 Servings
- 1 lb Sizzlefish Salmon Fillets
- 1 cup Cooked Quinoa
- 1 Egg
- 3 Scallions, sliced
- 2 Garlic Cloves
- ½ cup Fresh Parsley, roughly chopped
- 2 TBSP Lemon Juice
- ½ tsp Salt
- ½ tsp Paprika
- Black Pepper To Taste
- 4 Buns
- Carefully remove the skin from the salmon fillets. Place the fillet skin side down. Using a sharp knife, make a cut between the skin and the fillet on the end closer to you. Holding the skin, gently slide the knife between the skin and the fillet sliding the blade away from you.
- Chop three fillets well with the knife.
- Place one fillet in the food processor with the cooked quinoa, egg, 1 chopped scallion, garlic, ¼ cup chopped parsley, lemon juice, salt, paprika and pepper.
- Blend the mixture until it forms into a paste.
- Place the chopped fillets, along with the remaining scallions and parsley in a large bowl.
- Stir the mixture to combine well.
- Lightly oil a nonstick skillet and heat to medium low.
- Form the salmon mixture into 4 equal sized burger patties.
- Place the patties in the heated skillet and cook 4 – 5 minutes or until lightly browned then flip and cook an additional 4 – 5 minutes on the other side until lightly browned.
- Serve with your favorite toppings on a freshly baked bun.