- 16 scallops
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 cup white onion, diced
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 3 cups butternut squash, riced
- ½ cup vegetable broth
- ½ tsp paprika
- ½ tsp chili powder
- ¼ tsp red pepper flakes
- 2 tbsp dried parsley
- salt & pepper to taste
- Place butternut squash cubes in a blender or food processor and pulse until it becomes a rice like consistency, do not over process.
- Place a large skillet over medium high heat and add olive oil, onion, garlic, bell pepper and red pepper flakes. Sauté 4-5 minutes.
- While veggies are sautéing, heat a skillet over medium heat with a little cooking spray. Place dry scallops in pan and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Cook 7 minutes on each side. Only flip once.
- To the vegetables, add broth, butternut squash rice, salt, pepper, chili powder and paprika. Stir to combine the juices with all ingredients. Allow the mixture to simmer until the squash softens and scallops are finished. Sprinkle with salt and pepper and parsley to finish.
- Remove both from the heat and assemble by placing butternut rice in a bowl topped with 4 scallops for each person. Sprinkle with more parsley as desired.
Recipe Credits: Megan at www.skinnyfitalicious.com