Thai Coconut Cabbage Soup with Shrimp or Scallops
This recipe takes on the full flavor profiles of Thailand at its finest. It starts with a broth that pairs with chili, garlic, lemon grass, turmeric and ginger that all go in harmony with the coconut milk. This recipe incorporates Sizzlefish peeled and deveined shrimp and sea scallops for an extra protein punch. Try it out for a warm, cozy night that is sure to leave your tastebuds wanting more!
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1¾ cups unsweetened light coconut milk (15-ounce can)
- 1 to 2 red chiles seeds removed, sliced or diced
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- ½ tablespoons lime juice
- ½ tsp minced garlic
- ¼ tsp turmeric
- dash of sea salt and black pepper
- 1 quart organic chicken broth or homemade stock
- lemon grass - I tried using 1tbsp of ground lemon grass paste, but you can also use 2-3 stalks of fresh lemon grass (mash the ends)
- 1-inch piece peeled fresh ginger or 1 tsp ground ginger
- 1 cup cabbage or broccoli slaw
- Protein add ins: shrimp or scallops! and for spice drizzle with sirirachi, dried basil
- First, sauté your cabbage slaw in oil, lime, garlic, and pepper. Set aside. (be sure not to cook all the way)
- Next, in a large pot, bring to boil your herbs, spices, and broth. Let is simmer about 10 minutes then add in your cabbage and simmer another 5 minutes.
- Next add in your coconut milk and cooked shrimp or scallops.
- Mix in the your peppers (chiles) keep on low until ready to serve.
- add cilantro and serve with sirirachi on top.
- Note --> don't like cilantro? Try using sweet basil instead
Recipe Credits: Lindsay @ Cotter Crunch
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.