10 Minute Shrimp & Rice
An easy to prepare recipe for shrimp & Rice. Loaded with mixed bell peppers, garlic, lemon and pantry stable spices.
Time: 10 Minutes
- 1 pound shrimp
- 1 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp. minced garlic
- 2 tbsp. lemon juice
- 1 large orange bell pepper, diced
- 1 large yellow bell pepper, diced
- 1 large green bell pepper, diced
- 1 large red bell pepper, diced
- ½ cup Minute instant brown rice
- 1 tbsp. dried parsley
- 1½ tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- salt & pepper to taste
- Bring a small pot to a boil. Add the ½ cup brown rice with ½ cup water. Once the water is boiling, reduce to a simmer and let the rice simmer while you make the shrimp and veggies.
- Heat a large stir fry or skillet pan over medium heat. Add the extra virgin olive oil, garlic and bell peppers. Stir to combine.
- Cook vegetables 5 minutes until tender. Add shrimp, lemon juice and crushed red pepper flakes. Stir to combine.
- Cook 3-5 minutes until shrimp are slightly pink. Turn off the heat, add the dried parsley to the pan and stir to combine.
- Serve the ¼ of the shrimp and veggie mixture over ¼ of the brown rice.
Recipe Credits: Megan at www.skinnyfitalicious.com
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.