Cranberry Basil Shrimp
Cranberry Basil Shrimp Cocktail
- 1/2 cup fresh cranberries (or frozen and thawed)
- 1/2 bunch basil leaves chopped
- gluten free cocktail sauce (I buy mine from whole foods) or you can make your own.
- lemon juice
- 1 tbsp olive oil (optional for more creaminess)
- 1/4 tsp each black pepper and sea salt
10-12 medium wild caught shrimp (preferably peeled)
- Note: want is spicy? add in 1 tbsp fresh horse radish or siriracha.
- First, boil your shrimp. Devien and place in ice.
- In blender, combine your basil, cranberries, and cocktail sauce. Blend then add in 1- 2 tsp of lemon juice and your sea salt. Blend until smooth.
- Spoon into bowl. Place shrimp and veggies around the bowl and sprinkle a little basil and black pepper around the shrimp to add more flavor. Make sure to keep your shrimp on ice to keep cold. Shrimp are safe at room temperature for 2 hours but need ice to maintain freshness if left out longer.
- I also like serving this with feta and gluten free crackers or dehydrated veggie chips!
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.