Apricot & Bacon Glazed Shrimp with Quinoa
Apricot and Bacon Glazed Shrimp with Quinoa is quick, healthy, and packed with protein. It's a great shrimp recipe that can be used as an appetizer, main entree, or side dish.
- 8 oz SizzleFish shrimp (2 packages)
- 3 pieces of smoked bacon (chopped)
- 1 tbsp honey or maple syrup
- 3 tbsp Apricot Preserves
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- ⅓ to ½ cup chopped green onion
- ½ tsp minced garlic
- dash of sea salt and black pepper
- 2 tbsp orange juice (fresh)
- Quinoa Ingredients below.
- ½ to ⅔ cup white quinoa
- ⅔ cup water
- ½ cup coconut cream (or broth if you prefer)
- First, cook your quinoa according to directions. I like to add in a little bit of coconut cream to make it a tad sweet. I used a rice cooker but you can use stove top. ½ cup quinoa calls for 1 cup water. So I used ⅔ cup water and about ⅓ to ½ cup coconut cream.
- Once the quinoa is cooking, start your shrimp dish.
- Place 3 chopped bacon strips, shrimp, and honey in a skillet. Cook on medium for about 8-10 minutes or until shrimp is cooked and bacon is crispy on edges.
- Keep on low or set aside.
- In another small pot, add in 3 tbsp apricot preserves, 1-2 tbsp balsamic vinegar, a few spoons of the bacon/honey mixture you cooked the shrimp in, and 2 tbsp orange juice.
- Cook on medium for about 5 minutes until it turns into a sauce.
- Now combine the sauce, shrimp, and quinoa all together in one pot, mix and add in your garlic, pepper, dash of salt.
- Spoon into bowl and garnish with green onion.
- Feel free to add in extra sauce on top if you have any!
feel free to add in any extra veggies too!
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.