These shrimp guacamole bites are packed with flavor and easy to prepare. A heart healthy and gluten free dish perfect for parties or an afternoon snack. Try these shrimp guacamole bites with some of our Wild Gulf Shrimp for a fresh and healthy appetizer.
- 3/4 pound raw small (60-80 count) shrimp peeled, deveined, tails off, about 24 shrimp total (I bought mine frozen, then thawed them in a bowl of warm water.)
- 2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 cup prepared guacamole (Sabra Spicy or Classic)
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro, plus additional for garnish
- Bite-sized round corn tortilla chips
- Crumbled feta cheese or queso fresco, for serving
- Place a rack in the center of your oven and preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Place the shrimp in a large mixing bowl, drizzle with olive oil, then sprinkle with chili powder, cumin, smoked paprika, and kosher salt. Toss to coat, then spread the shrimp on in a single layer on a large baking sheet.Roast for 4 to 6 minutes, just until the shrimp are opaque and cooked through (do not over cook, or the shrimp will be chewy).Set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine the guacamole with the lime juice and 1 tablespoon cilantro.
To Assemble the Bites:
- Top each tortilla chip with a spoonful of the guacamole and a roasted shrimp. Garnish with additional fresh cilantro and cheese. Serve at room temperature.